The TRIO.BAS™ instruments utilize the impaction method of air sampling. The air, passing through an aspirating head, impacts onto an appropriate agar plate that collects bacteria or other organic substances possibly present in the sampled area.
- Designed for benchtop/cart stability and oriented in a vertical position to capture laminar flow from the ceiling
- Use separate culture media at the same time to determine bacterial and fungal counts
- 100 or 200 liter per minute formats, contact plate or Petri plate formats
- Charges via cable; Sample up to 70,000 liters on a single battery charge
- Programmable options include up to 100 place IDs and 100 Operator IDs
Volumetric active air sampling of all classified areas using an impaction device must be conducted in each classified area [e.g., ISO Class 5 PEC and ISO Class 7 and 8 room(s)] during dynamic operating conditions at least every 6 months.