Amphotericin B 250 µg/mL, yellow solutionSupplier: MP BIOMEDICALS (FKA ICN BIOMED
10221-870EA 36.72 USD10221-870 IC091672348
Amphotericin B 250 µg/mL, yellow solution
Amphotericin B is used as antifungal in cell culture media.
Amphotericin B is a polyene antifungal, antibiotic from Streptomyces sp. It has a high affinity for sterols, primarily ergosterols, of fungal and bacterial cell membranes. It is an antibiotic solution effective against yeast and other fungi. Amphotericin B may be toxic to some insect cell types. Amphotericin B, is an antimycotic.
- Suitability: Suitable for cell culture
- UV/Visible Absorbance: λmax: 345, 363, 382, 406 nm (methanol)(Lit.)
- Formulation: It is formulated with deoxycholate and prepared in water for increased solubility.
- pKa: 5.5, 10.0 (Lit.)
- Foreign activity: Mycoplasma free.
- Solubility: Slightly soluble in water; DMF/1M HCL 3/1: 49.00 - 51.00 mg/mL; Amphotericin B is insoluble in water at pH 6 to 7, but soluble in water at pH 2 or 11. It is soluble in DMSO (30 – 40 mg/mL) and in dimethylformamide (2 – 4 mg/mL).
- Sterility: Sterile
MW: 924.08 g/mol
Melting Pt: > 170 °C (dec., lit.)
Storage Temperature: Freezer
CAS Number: 1397-89-3
Specification Test Results
Avantor is a vertically integrated, global supplier of discovery-to-delivery solutions for...