TrueBlot® Immunoprecipitation and Western Blot Kit for GFP Epitope Tag
- The TrueBlot® Immunoprecipitation and Western Blot Kit for GFP Epitope Tag contains the critical supporting reagents, buffers, and substrates for immunoprecipitation and Western blotting of samples containing a GFP Epitope Tag using TrueBlot secondary antibody in conjunction with Rockland's Anti-GFP (MOUSE) Monoclonal Antibody.
- TrueBlot technology enables unhindered detection of protein bands of interest which would otherwise be obscured by the presence of reduced and denatured heavy and light chain immunoglobulin in the blot (as detected by the conventional immunoblotting HRP anti-mouse IgG reagent).
TrueBlot® IP and WB Kit for GFP Epitope Tag allows for the immunoprecipitation and detection of GFP-tagged recombinant proteins present in cell lysates provided by the user. After protein separation by SDS-PAGE and transfer, the membrane is probed with monoclonal Anti-GFP. Detection of the membrane bound antibody-antigen complex is achieved by the addition of Mouse IgG TrueBlot® ULTRA HRP.
Mouse IgG TrueBlot® ULTRA is the unique horseradish peroxidase conjugated anti-mouse IgG immunoblotting secondary antibody which enables detection of immunoblotted target protein bands, without hindrance from interfering immunoglobulin heavy and light chains from your IP antibody. Use it in place of your usual HRP anti-mouse IgG immunoblotting secondary antibody. It is easy to generate publication-quality IP/WB data with Mouse IgG TrueBlot® ULTRA.
Mouse IgG TrueBlot® ULTRA is provided as 1000X solution. In order to conserve reagent, we recommend incubating the blots from minigels in sealed bags (removing as much air as possible) with minimal volume (2-3 mls).
Mouse IgG TrueBlot® ULTRA. An HRP-conjugated second step reagent reacting with mouse IgGs for optimal signal detection in immunoprecipitation/immunoblotting experiments.
Note that there are three key procedural considerations:
1. Protein A or G beads may be used with the mouse, goat and sheep TrueBlot secondaries but not with the rabbit TrueBlot secondary. Use of protein A or G beads with the rabbit TrueBlot will result in contaminating bands.
2. Immunoprecipitate should be completely reduced.
3. Milk should be used as the blocking protein for the immunoblot.
The TrueBlot® Immunoprecipitation and Western Blot Kit for GFP Epitope Tag components are sufficient for 20-25 miniblots.
1. Mouse IgG TrueBlot ULTRA: 50 μL 18-8817-31
2. TrueBlot Enhancer Solution: 25 mL
3. TrueBlot Blocker: 10 g
4. TrueBlot Assay Buffer: 30 mL 20X
5. TrueBlot Substrate A: 12.5 mL
6. TrueBlot Substrate B: 12.5 mL
7. Anti-Mouse Ig IP Beads: 2.5 mL Binds 0.4 mg Ig/mL beads
8. Anti-GFP (MOUSE) Monoclonal Antibody: 100 µg
9. Western Blot Incubation Tray
Upon initial use of the IP beads, we recommend that the vial be inverted several times to get the beads into suspension. We recommend to use a large bore pipet to pipet up the liquid for use.
For storage of the opened vial of beads, we recommend that the vial cap be sealed with parafilm to help prevent evaporation of the buffer.