Freezer/Mill® Cryogenic Grinders, Model 6775, Spex SamplePrepSupplier: SPEX SamplePrep
6775-115 6775-230 6775
76181-976EA 10017.27 USD76181-976 76181-978 MSPP-6775
Freezer/Mill® Cryogenic Grinders, Model 6775, Spex SamplePrep
The model 6775 Freezer/Mill® is a compact cryogenic mill that accommodates samples from 0.1 - 5 g.
- Insulated liquid nitrogen tub is equipped with LN level sensor
- Lid safety interlock for operator protection
- Grinding chamber holds one small grinding vial or one microvial set
- Touch screen stores up to 20 user-defined grinding programs for easy quick recall
- Also includes run history, training videos, manuals and accessories
- Maintenance-free design with only one moving part
- Additional pre-cooling chamber to increase throughput
It has one dual purpose chamber that precools and grinds samples and can hold one small grinding vial, or one microvial set. Sample vial maintains cryogenic temperatures due to continuous immersion in liquid nitrogen. Heat sensitive metabolites, isomers and complex molecules retain their composition as they are not degraded by heat or pressure. Grinding vial sets are offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and low-chrome steel.
Typical applications include DNA/RNA extraction, protein and metabolite extraction, forensic/drug testing, RoHS/WEEE, consumer product testing, materials research & medical research. Typical samples include plant and animal tissue, plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair & bones.