Agarose standard, white powder for molecular biologySupplier: MP BIOMEDICALS (FKA ICN BIOMED
Standard agarose is a purified linear galactan hydrocolloid isolated from agar or agar-bearing marine algae with an Electroendoosmosis (EEO) value of 0.12 making it an essential component in chemical separation techniques.
Standard agarose is a very low electroendosmosis agarose (EEO) which is recommended for sharp resolution of nucleic acid fragments greater than 400 bp and up to 8000 bp. This Standard Agarose may be used at concentrations between 0.8 % and 2 %. Southern and Northern transfers can be performed efficiently from them.
- "Molecular Biology Grade
- Suitable for both analytical and preparative electrophoresis procedures
- Presentation: White Powder
- DNAase/RNase Activity and inhibition of ligation and restriction enzymes not detected
- Soluble in water (1.5 g plus 100 mL)
- Storage at room temperature"
CAS Number: 9012-36-6
Specification Test Results
|Gelling Temperature (1.5% gel)||36 ± 2°C|
|Melting Temperature (1.5% gel)||~89°C|
|Gel Strength (1% gel)||≥1200g/cm2|
|DNAase/RNase Activity||None Detected|
|DNA Blotting||Complete Transfer|