Calcium chloride, free flowing white powder ACSSupplier: MP BIOMEDICALS (FKA ICN BIOMED
Calcium chloride (CaCl2) is inexpensive, easily available calcium salt with a wide range of applications. It is a key component in deicers as it melts snow and ice. Reports suggest that CaCl2 helps in retaining the firmness of fresh cut fruits and vegetables during the storage.
Calcium chloride may be used in the following processes:
• Modification of natural zeolite to increase its ability of fluoride removal.
• Synthesis of calcium sulfate whiskers utilized in making polymer reinforcing composite materials.
• Synthesis of calcium chloride-anodized aluminum composites, a solid sorbent.
• As an extractant in the soil analysis process.
• As a catalyst in the synthesis of aldols by reacting dimethylsilyl (DMS) enolates with aldehydes.
- ACS Grade
- Presentation: Free Flowing White Powder
- Vapor Pressure: 0.01mmHg (20°C)
MW: 110.98 g/mol
Boiling Pt: > 1600 °C (1013 hPa) (lit.)
Melting Pt: 772 °C (lit.)
Density: 1.34 g/cm³ (20 °C) (lit.)
Storage Temperature: Ambient
CAS Number: 10043-52-4
Specification Test Results
|Magnesium & Alkali Salts||≤2.0%|
|Mesh Size No. 20 Sieve||≤10%|
|Mesh Size No. 200 Sieve||≤30%|
Avantor is a vertically integrated, global supplier of discovery-to-delivery solutions for...