Pierce™ North2South™ Complete Biotin Random Prime Labeling and Detection Kit, Thermo ScientificSupplier: Thermo Fisher Scientific
PI17175EA 1121.72 USDPI17175 CAPI17175
Pierce™ North2South™ Complete Biotin Random Prime Labeling and Detection Kit, Thermo Scientific
Protein Linking and Labeling Systems
North2South™ Complete Biotin Random Prime Labeling and Detection Kit provides the components and procedure to successfully prepare biotin-labeled DNA probes for use in Southern blotting and other DNA hybridization methods involving streptavidin detection systems.
- Sensitivity equal to or greater than 32P
- Amenable to nearly any DNA or RNA hybridization method
- Optimized hybridization and blocking buffers and protocol steps yield consistent results from experiment to experiment
- High level of light output and consistent low background allows for very short and multiple exposure times using cooled CCD camera systems or film
- Ready-to-use buffers and short process time makes switching from radioactive detection to chemiluminescent detection an easy transition
- Specific plaques can be picked out of areas that are very dense with signal due to extremely low background
Any nucleic acid blot can be hybridized with the appropriate biotinylated (biotin-labelled) oligonucleotide probe. After a brief membrane blocking step, the biotin label is detected with streptavidin- HRP and a 5-minute incubation with the chemiluminescent substrate. Results are easily recorded by brief exposure to X-ray film (1-15 minutes) or CCD camera.
Delivery information: Complete kit comprises North2South™ Chemiluminescent Hybridization and Detection Kit (Cat No. PI17097) and North2South™ Biotin Random Prime Labelling Kit (Cat No. PI17075).