Difco™ McClung Toabe Agar Base, BD DiagnosticsSupplier: BD Diagnostics
90004-540EA 466.15 USDCA90004-540 90004-540
Difco™ McClung Toabe Agar Base, BD Diagnostics
Media for Microbiology Prepared Media for Microbiology
McClung Toabe Agar is used for detection and isolation of Clostridium perfringens from food samples.
- Peptone provide nitrogenous growth nutrients
- Dextrose is a fermentable carbohydrate
- Phosphates form a good buffering system
- Sodium chloride provides essential ions
- Magnesium sulphate provides divalent cations and sulphate
With the addition of 50% egg yolk emulsion, C. perfringens and a few other Clostridium species show the lecithinase reaction. Lecithinase enzyme lyses egg yolk lecithin, producing an opaque zone of precipitation surrounding the slightly raised colonies.