DNA Polymerase I, PromegaSupplier: Promega
PAM2051EA 167.99 USDPAM2051 PAM2055
DNA Polymerase I, Promega
Nucleic Acid Reagents Nucleic Acid Modification and Labelling
DNA Polymerase I catalyzes the template-directed polymerization of nucleotides into duplex DNA in a 5'-->3' direction. Recombinant.
- Labeling in vitro, cDNA Synthesis applications
- Catalyzes the Template-Directed Polymerization of Nucleotides into Duplex DNA in a 5´→3´ Direction
- Can be used in a variety of molecular applications
- Is inactivated by heating at 68°C for 10 minutes
- Supplied at a concentration of 5-10u/microl
DNA Polymerase I catalyzes the template-directed polymerization of nucleotides into duplex DNA in a 5'-->3' direction. DNA Polymerase I possesses a 3'-->5' exonuclease activity or proofreading function, which lowers the error rate during DNA replication, and also contains a 5'-->3' exonuclease activity, which enables the enzyme to replace nucleotides in the growing strand of DNA by nick translation. The enzyme, purified from recombinant E. coli, is capable of catalyzing de novo synthesis of synthetic homopolymers and provides a convenient method for the preparation of a variety of defined DNA substrates.
Ordering information: Each modifying enzyme is packaged in a tamper-evident, clear plastic sealed packet that contains the enzyme tube, its buffer(s) and a lot-specific Promega Product Information (PPI) insert.