BBL™ mEI Agar, BDSupplier: BD Life Sciences
215045 215047 215045
90006-320CS 2011.55 USD90006-320 CA90006-316 90006-316
BBL™ mEI Agar, BD
Media for Microbiology Prepared Media for Microbiology
mEI Agar is a selective medium used for the chromogenic detection and enumeration of enterococci in water by the single-step membrane filtration technique.
- Peptone supplies nitrogen and carbon compounds
- Sodium chloride maintains osmotic equilibrium
- Esculin is hydrolyzed to form esculetin and dextrose
- Sodium azide inhibits gram-negative bacteria
- Yeast extract provides vitamins, amino acids, and trace elements
- Agar is the solidifying agent
A wide range of sample volumes or dilutions can be tested by this single-step MF procedure for the detection and enumeration of enterococci in potable, fresh, estuarine, marine, and shellfish-growing waters.