BBL™ Modified mTEC Agar, BDSupplier: BD Life Sciences
90006-314PK 482.67 USDCA90006-314 90006-314
BBL™ Modified mTEC Agar, BD
Media for Microbiology Prepared Media for Microbiology
Modified mTEC Agar is a selective culture medium used for the chromogenic detection and enumeration of thermotolerant Escherichia coli in water by the membrane filtration technique.
- Peptone is a source of nitrogen, carbon, and amino acids
- Yeast extract provides trace elements, vitamins, and amino acids
- Lactose is a fermentable carbohydrate and carbon source
- Sodium chloride maintains osmotic equilibrium
- Agar is the solidifying agent
Red or magenta colonies may be presumptively identified as E. coli.