RODAC™ Contact Plates with Snap Lid, Soy Agar with 5% Sheep Blood, BD DiagnosticsSupplier: BD Diagnostics
90004-996PK 446.33 USDCA90004-996 90004-996
RODAC™ Contact Plates with Snap Lid, Soy Agar with 5% Sheep Blood, BD Diagnostics
Media for Microbiology Prepared Media for Microbiology
Trypticase™ Soy Agar with 5% Sheep Blood (TSA II) is used for the growth of fastidious organisms and for the visualization of hemolytic reactions.
- Casein and soy peptones provide nutrients for growth
- Sodium chloride maintains osmotic equilibrium
- Enriched agar base is the solidifying agent
- Ensures the integrity of the sample
- Prevents the dish from opening unintentionally
- Protects media from accidental cross contamination
- Improves stability during stacking and storage
The BD RODAC™ Snap Lid was designed by environmental monitoring professionals to provide additional security during sampling and transport from a controlled environment to the laboratory.
Trypticase Soy Agar with 5% Sheep Blood is extensively used for the recovery and cultivation of fastidious microbial species and for the determination of hemolytic reactions which are important differentiating characteristics for bacteria, especially Streptococcus species.