Difco™ Cetrimide Agar Base, BD Life SciencesSupplier: BD Life Sciences
90004-060EA 289.64 USD90004-060 CA90004-060
Difco™ Cetrimide Agar Base, BD Life Sciences
Media for Microbiology Dehydrated Media for Microbiology
Cetrimide (Pseudosel) Agar is used for the selective isolation and identification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- Gelatin peptone supplies necessary growth nutrients
- Magnesium chloride and potassium sulfate stimulate pyocyanin production
- Cetrimide inhibits a wide variety of bacterial species
- Glycerol is a source of carbon
- Agar is a solidifying agent
Cetrimide Agar is widely recommended for use in the examination of cosmetics, clinical specimens for the presence of P. aeruginosa, as well as for evaluating the efficacy of disinfectants against this organism.