Pierce™ Marfey's Reagent, Thermo ScientificSupplier: Thermo Scientific
PI48895EA 174.46 USDPI48895
Pierce™ Marfey's Reagent, Thermo Scientific
Assays Protein Assays
Thermo Scientific Pierce Marfey's Reagent (FDAA) reacts with primary amines to enable the quick and easy separation and quantitation of optical isomers of amino acids by reverse-phase chromatography.
- For precolumn derivatization of primary amines for detection by UV absorbance (λmax = 340nm)
- Provides nanomole sensitivity in typical HPLC applications with amino acids
- Reaction products enable chiral separation of D- and L-amino acids
- Following reverse phase HPLC, derivatives have an extinction coefficient of 3×104 M-1 cm-1
- Store product at room temperature
FDAA is 1-fluoro-2-4-dinitrophenyl-5-L-alanine amide, also called Marfey's reagent
FDAA derivatives can be separated with simple linear gradient of triethylamine phosphate/acetonitrile on a Spheri-5 RP-18 HPLC cartridge column. FDAA reduces the need for a chiral column because the D-derivatives are retained on the column, eluting after the L-derivatives. The derivatization is easy to perform and completed in 90 minutes, resulting in derivatives that are stable for at least 48 hours.
FDAA derivatives of D-amino acids exhibit strong intramolecular bonding, which reduces their polarity relative to the corresponding L-amino acid derivatives. Consequently, the D-derivatives are selectively retained on reverse phase columns and elute much later than corresponding L-derivatives.
Caution: For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.