Pierce™ BCA™ Protein Assays, Reducing Agent Compatible, Thermo ScientificSupplier: Thermo Scientific
23250 23252 23250 23252
PI23250EA 309.18 USD InStockPI23250 PI23252 CAPI23250 CAPI23252
Pierce™ BCA™ Protein Assays, Reducing Agent Compatible, Thermo Scientific
Assays Protein Assays
This reducing agent-compatible version of Thermo Scientific's Pierce BCA Protein Assay enables one to measure protein concentration in samples that contain thiol-reductants dithiothreitol (DTT) and 2-mercaptoethanol (BME).
- Compatible—assay samples that contain up to 5 mM DTT, 35 mM BME, or 10 mM TCEP
- BCA technology—only a slight modification of the standard BCA Protein Assay protocol (15 minute incubation with Compatibility Reagent); no precipitation steps required
- Small samples—requires only 25 µl (standard kit) or less than 10 µl (microplate kit) of sample
- Colorimetric—measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader (562nm)
- Excellent uniformity—exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods
- High linearity—linear working range for BSA equals 125 to 2000 µg/ml
The BCA™ Protein Assay Kit, Reducing Agent Compatible (BCA-RAC) provides all of the advantages of the original BCA Assay, plus compatibility with disulfide reducing agents at concentrations routinely used in protein sample buffers
Small samples require only 25 µL (standard kit) or less than 10 µL (microplate kit). Colorimetric measure with a standard spectrophotometer or plate reader, 562 nm. There is excellent uniformity—exhibits less protein-to-protein variation than dye-binding methods. High linearity, linear working range for BSA equals 125 to 2000 µg/mL.
This special adaptation of the popular Pierce BCA Protein Assay method enables accurate protein concentration measurement for samples containing DTT, 2-ME or TCEP. Available in tube and microplate formats, these reducing agent compatible (RAC) BCA Kits extend the already broad reagent compatibility of the BCA Protein Assay protocol to include nearly all types of components commonly present in protein research samples. Microplate BCA Protein Assay Kit does not come with plates. Both kits are reducing agent compatible.