TYGON Food (B-44-4X) Tubing
- Designed especially for handling food products; bore is extremely smooth (better than most stainless steels), nontoxic, will not affect taste or odor, and clear for CIP and flow verification.
- Excellent nonwetting properties permit flush cleaning and complete drainage.
- High dielectric constant.
- Limited pumping life
|Organic solvents:||Not recommended|
Physical Characteristics and Composition:
- PVC-based material with plasticizer.
- Firm (stiff) material.
- Transparent, clear.
-47 to 165°F (-44 to 74°C)
- FDA 21 CFR 175.300
- NSF-listed (Standard 51)
- All 3A Sanitary Plastics Products
- Various USDA standards
cc x mm
(cm2 x sec. x cm Hg
- Unaffected by all commercially available sanitizers (when using recommended procedures).
- Sterilize with ethylene oxide (ETO) or autoclave.
- To autoclave: Coil loosely in nonlinting cloth or paper; autoclave at 250°F (121°C), 15 psi for 30 minutes (tubing will appear milky); air dry at max 150°F (66°C) for 2 to 2.5 hours until clear.
Last Updated: 10/15/18