Different jobs require different levels of protective equipment and clothing. DuPont Personal Protection offers a wide range of protective clothing and accessories to meet those varying needs.
SafeSPEC™ is a suite of interactive tools that provides the data you need to help make informed decisions about DuPont™ Tyvek® and DuPont™ Tychem® protective garments.
DuPont™ Tychem® 2000
- Lightweight, durable, and utilizes the strength of DuPont™ Tyvek® fabric and a polyethylene coating
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against 42 chemical challenges
- Used for light splash protection in a variety of industrial environments, including petroleum refining, pulp and paper manufacturing, food processing, chemical processing, and pharmaceutical manufacturing
DuPont™ Tychem® 4000
- Rugged and durable fabric that resists abrasion
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against >124 chemical challenges
- Typical applications: chemical mixing, hazardous remediation, emergency medical response, paint spraying, and nuclear environments.
DuPont™ Tychem® 5000
- Composed of a multi-layer film barrier laminated to a durable polypropylene substrate
- Strong and durable for rigorous activities and rugged situations involving liquid splash and provides barrier to a broad range of chemicals.
- Typical Applications: chemical handling, petro-chemical, hazardous materials/waste clean-up, fire departments, industrial hazmat teams, utilities, and domestic preparedness
DuPont™ Tychem® 6000
- Strong, durable, lightweight, and made of a proprietary barrier film laminated to a Tyvek® substrate
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 181 challenge chemicals including chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals
- Available in both high-visibility orange and low-visibility gray fabrics, making them a preferred choice for law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS) technicians and military personnel
DuPont™ Tychem® 9000
- Offers wide-ranging protection backed by extensive fabric permeation barrier testing
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against more than 280 chemical challenges, including chemical warfare agents
- Offers tear, puncture and abrasion resistant fabrics for lasting protection
- Designed for enhanced comfort and ease of movement in a high visibility yellow color.
DuPont™ Tychem® RESPONDER® CSM
- Combines multiple film barriers laminated to both sides of a high-strength polypropylene substrate for high level protection against toxic and corrosive chemicals
- Effective for handling chemical warfare agents as well as military site cleanup and HazMat first response
- Provides at least 30 minutes of protection against 320 chemical challenges.
- Desert tan color for low visibility applications
DuPont™ Tychem® 10000
- Exhibits excellent chemical barrier properties and offers an extremely durable fabric that is puncture- and
- Provides at least 30 minutes of barrier protection to 322 challenge chemicals with no observed breakthrough
- Specifically developed for protection against toxic, corrosive gases, liquids and solid chemicals
- Suited for industrial, HazMat, and domestic preparedness applications.